Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthdays

I had my birthday on Friday. It was a big one....35. Well it feels like a big deal, but I guess it really isn't. Here is a rare picture with me and my kids. Sadie crowned me with her tiara and sparkly earrings that she got for her birthday. Eric was a little jealous because of all the cards, phone calls, Facebook bday wishes and people from the ward stopping by with a "little something." It just isn't the same for men's birthdays. Not that he isn't loved, but no one is going to drop off a candle, some lotion or a teddy bear in a mug for him. Sad, but true. I was touched by everyone's kindness -- I need to be more thoughtful like that. I am so blessed to have the amazing friends and family that I do.



Also, speaking of Birth Days...my little brother became a Father today!! Yep, 'lil Kenny is a papa. Many of you know my brother so I just wanted to pass on the good news. He and his wife had a boy. Everything went well and I've seen pictures off his phone and they all look great!

3 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Happy birthday!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Happy Birthday. I'm also glad to hear about Kenny, such good news.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!! Congrats to Kenny and Brittany what did they name the little tyke?