That is one of the names we gave our last trip. Our official name for it was "The Pacific Northwest Trip" but the kids couldn't remember that one. Other possible names were "The Trip to Visit Half the People We Are Related To" or the "15 Nights, 6 States and 7 Different Beds Trip." No matter what you call it.....it was a whole lot of driving, a whole lot of sight-seeing and a whole lot of fun.
I want to begin with a HUGE thank you to all the families that hosted us. We are so grateful for your hospitality and kindness. We couldn't have done this without you. In 15 nights, we only had to stay in a hotel twice. TWICE! Can you believe it? Thank you, thank you.
This was quite an adventure and quite the undertaking. It took A LOT of careful planning (luckily I am a compulsive planner, so I loved every minute of that.) Here is a look at the map of our trip.
View Pacific Northwest Trip in a larger map
It was one big circle. Each dot is a place we stayed for a few days. We only drove along the same road for about 30 min. in and out of Rexburg. This was also the only bit of road we had ever been on before. It was a real adventure. I thought the following information was interesting. It shows the miles and drive time of each leg of the journey. Of course we took lots of stops, sight seeing trips and wandered off the "trail" many times. But these were the ideals or estimates along our route.
From: Rexburg, ID to Boise, ID
282 mi - about 5 hours 11 mins
Boise ID to Susanville, CA
504 mi - about 9 hours 1 min
Susanville, CA to Fortuna, CA (via our very long windy "scenic route")
358 mi - about 7 hours 12 mins
Fortuna, CA to Roseburg, OR
309 mi - about 5 hours 59 mins
Roseburg, OR to Portland, OR (via our route along the coast)
364 mi - about 7 hours 36 mins
Portland, OR to Fall City, WA
185 mi - about 3 hours 10 mins
Fall City, WA to Kellogg, ID
291 mi - about 4 hours 49 mins
Kellogg, ID to Rexburg, ID (HOME)
473 mi - about 7 hours 23 mins
I know, I have bored you to death and put you all to sleep. But this is info that I wanted to have for my records and my journal, blog book, etc. Because this is mainly for my records, I hate to inform you that forthcoming will be a series of somewhat detailed posts including lots of pictures and stories. Just skim or skip them if you wish but I really want a good record of this...."The Longest Trip Ever."
1 comment:
We loved getting to see you guys here in boise!
Post a Comment