We had a family reunion with my parents, siblings and their families in Park City at the end of July. It was a hectic time for many of us (my brother was about to move to Missouri, my sister was about to have a baby and my husband had just finished finals) but we all managed to come up for a couple days and we even overlapped with all of us together for 1 day.
Here are the highlights told in pictures. There are a lot. Be prepared.
We arrived on Friday, rode the free bus into town and went out to dinner. The most memorable part of the drive was when Eric got the call from BYU-Idaho offering him the internship as soon as we got back from our travels. There is no better way to start a vacation.
Saturday my cousin Heidi and her kids stopped in for a few hours. Shame on me for not taking any pictures. We spend the afternoon swimming and catching up.
Sunday we went on a nature walk along a little stream. I have pictures. I know I do. I've seen them...but can't find them.
Monday we rode the ski lift up the mountain and rode down on the Alpine Slide. Everyone had a blast. Here are a few pictures to share.
My mom had foot surgery earlier in the summer and still wasn't really able to walk much.
But with the aide of a wheelchair and a walker she did pretty well getting around.
Like a clown car....only a bobsled.
Okay, these are kind of dumb but I thought they were so funny!
Wednesday we took a trip into town. We walked up and down main street. Mostly we just window shopped, but we stopped for ice cream in a cute little shop. We rode the free city bus around: it was so much easier than having to find parking.
Between our little excursions and adventures we spent lots of time at the pool and amusing ourselves around the resort. Here are a few of the things the kids did to keep busy.
Grannie Time....lots and lots of Grannie time.
The resort had games you could borrow.
Twister and Dominoes were 2 favorites with the kids.
My mom brought up her bead collection and the kids all made necklaces and bracelets.
Of course there were nightly sleepovers too.
Our Whole FAMILY!!! I love them all so much.
Best part of the trip -- just being together.
I loved our late (way too late) night chats.
Worst part of the trip -- saying good-bye to Kenny, Brittany and Shiloh.
They were leaving for Missouri in just a few days.
It could be years before we see them again. Too sad!!
Post-script: On the way home we drove through Tremonton Utah. This building used to be a hospital.
This is the hospital that my Great-grandpa built and that my mom was born in.
And odd enough coincidence -- my next door neighbor and good friend was born there too.

2 comments:
It sure was a good time! Thanks for blogging it. Shouldn't you be in bed by now?
Love it! Love it! I can't contribute to the blog, but I sure do enjoy reading and looking at all the pictures. It was a wonderful time in PC. Thanks for sharing all of your other happenings. I feel like I'm kinda part of your lives! And yes, that is the hospital where I was born, and spent many a summer playing in and out of it.
Post a Comment