I'm enjoying seeing pictures of my friends and family on Halloween :) If you haven't shared your Halloween pictures yet, please do. It is so fun to see whatever one's kids dress up as.
I should preface this with a little disclaimer. I'm not big into Halloween costumes. I don't sew stuff or craft them out of boxes and wire and I don't like to buy them from the store if I can avoid it. What does that leave?? Beg, borrow, reuse, and improvise a costume. Sad, but true. So here goes:
"Army Guy"
Pretty lame costume thrown together at literally the last second.
Mason wavered all month about whether or not he would go trick-or-treating.
Ultimately his friends were going, so he wanted to go along and needed a costume.
This was his LAST year trick-or-treating. For sure.
Death Eater -- Narcissa Malfoy
(Draco Malfoy's mother -- from Harry Potter)
A lot of time and thought went into this costume -- not by me, but by Renae
and her BFF (who was Bellatrix Lestrange)
They even had "the dark mark" drawn on their arms.
They were in heaven casting spells all night.
Math Master
This was a costume of Colby's own creation.
He didn't like ANY of my ideas (knight, Jedi, army guy, mummy)
so he came up with his own. Simple & unique...this boy really likes math.
Cowgirl -- Yeehaw!
Sadie LOVES wearing her cowboy boots.
So she was thrilled when we found a cowboy outfit at our neighbors house.
It was so simple, yet she loved it and looked adorable.
The "Smile and Say Cheese" picture
The "In Character" picture -- I love this one!
(Notice that all the snow is gone and Fall is back! Hooray!
It was the most perfect weather outside for Trick-or-Treating. No coats or jackets required.
Simply amazing for Rexburg!!)
They are pointing at their "dark marks" that summon "he who cannot be named".
Sadly, the picture is overexposed (I still don't know how to use my camera properly)
and you can't see the marks.
But aren't they adorably evil?
3 comments:
I'm so glad you are imposing an age limit on trick or treating! (or maybe Mason realizes he's too old) Either way, we saw too many kids that were TOO old. And most of them were in an "evil" looking or super scary costume AND trying to scare kids. I wanted to give their parents a talking to, but of course, they were no where around.
Anyway, everyone looked great! Renee is getting so grown up! And Colby's costume was so creative!
Great pictures! Cute kids! I want that bush.
I love that Colby thought up his own creative picture. I need to be more proactive about borrowing cool costumes. They are all so cute, except for Mason who is looks very mature :)
Post a Comment