I have a love-hate relationship with the leather seats in my car (and yes, I'm sure it is not real leather...but rather "pleather" or some such man-made material).
I hate the leather seats when it is 3 (or even 23) degrees outside and you feel like you are sitting on a block of ice. Yes, if I had thick pants on, I might not notice it. But yesterday morning in my thin "dress pants" for work...I was feeling it!! Or the mornings when I drive Mason to Jazz Band in my yoga pants...brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
I also hate leather seats when it is 103 degrees outside and you receive 2nd degree burns if any bare skin touches the leather. This is not really a problem in Rexburg, but I remember vividly what that feels like from our years in Arizona.
BUT....I love leather seats when you have a child throw up in the car at 80 miles an hour in the middle of nowhere. You pull the car over. Change his clothes (we were on our way home from a trip so we had suitcases full of clothes). Wipe up the seats with baby wipes (we ALWAYS travel with baby wipes even though I don't have any babies anymore) and you are good to go. No residual smell, wetness, or ickiness like there would be with cloth seats. I'm sold. I can put up with freezing (or burning) my legs...just to know that I am safe from the occasional spilled milk, exploded soda can, or vomit.
1 comment:
Maybe at some point we will be able to graduate to cars that have leather/pleather seats with warmers...that have a push button start from inside so when get in the car the seat will already be toasty warm. A girl can dream, right????
Post a Comment