Sadie had her 6th birthday this month.
It was her year to have a "Friend Party"
We whipped out some home-made invitations for her party. Of course it was not just any party...
It was an Animal Party.
Sadie had a fun time opening her cards from her far away family.
This was the first year that she could read her own cards for her birthday.
We opened presents as a family on her real birthday.
This is her first Lego Friends set (the new cute girlie Legos).
She loved it and spent some of her birthday money from family to buy another one.
***
The Saturday after her birthday she had her Animal Party
with some friends, neighbors, and even a cousin.
Here is the cake that I painstakingly made. I was happy with how it turned out considering my limited tools and skills. Sadie loved it and that is what really mattered.
She had drawn me multiple (and detailed) drawings of what she wanted. Some versions of the cake involved 3-D monkeys and 3-tiered cakes with jungle safari scenes. So I'm happy that we all finally came to a consensus and I was able to create what she imagined.
The kids were invited to come dressed as an animal. We ended up with a fox, a unicorn, a zookeeper, a tiger, a dinosaur, a zebra, and 2 jaguar/leopard/cheetahs (Sadie & Renae). It was adorable!
We played some simple games (charades, animal freeze dance, and "just run around and be animals") then did a simple craft I found on Pinterest.
Sadie was as enthusiastic as ever with all her gifts.
She truly loved them all.
When Sadie is in animal character (which is most of the time)
she likes to put everything in her mouth! Silly Sadie.
Happy Birthday Sadie!!
You bring so much sparkle, fun, and a little bit of craziness
to our lives! We love you.
Side note: This post (and most future posts) will show that Eric is the author. This is not true. It is really me. I am just using Eric's account so that I can post pictures in full size (the traditional way) instead of having to resize them all to itty-bitty pics because I've reached my photo limit. I just added Eric as an author to my blog...log in as him and walla...I've by-passed the system. Hooray. This should buy me at least another year or two of blogging.
1 comment:
Cool that you could fix the picture problem just by signing in under Eric, weird. Love the cake! That last picture is beautiful, makes her look like the sparkly girl she is. Hey maybe I should try calling you right now to wish you a Happy Bday!
Post a Comment