Before we get to all the good stuff...when Rachael's family arrived, Eric was up on the roof trying to fix the A/C. It was going to be a hot day (predicted that it might reach the 90's) and we were finally going to kick on the cooler for the first time all summer. Eric had tried to get it going before, but something wasn't right. Well, long story short...a couple hours (and one $20 part) later he had it fixed. Ismael was up there with him through it all. It wasn't easy, but they conquered. What would I do without Eric???? Call a repair man, I guess. Eric had also fixed our dishwasher the day before...my hero!!!
Okay, on to the fun. First up was the Rexburg Parade.
Cousins posing by the lawn flag...courtesy of the Boy Scouts
We got good first, second, AND third row seats!
The kids running after candy. It isn't always "fair" or peaceful...
but they mostly have fun (Sadie was a bit pouty, but she still got plenty!)
One of the more unusual parts of the parade...a camel
Mason marching in the band. He is the 3rd one in from the left.
Can you spot him?
After the parade the band plays a Patriotic Concert in the park. I was astonished at how many Patriotic songs there are! They did a great job. Even playing a bit from each of the Armed Service Anthems.
I took some fun candids of all the kids. These are two of my favorites.
I tried out a new recipe -- Patriotic Popcorn Balls.
They were good...but not perfected yet.
We decided to avoid the crowds at the big firework shows and just do our own.
It was really nice. And once it got dark...about 10pm...
we could see fireworks going off all around our neighborhood and town.
Happy Independence Day America!!!!!


1 comment:
What a fun 4th! Mason looks good with that trumpet! :)
Post a Comment