Thursday, July 10, 2014

Utah Trip -- Little Bit of Paradise

  Day SIX -- Hiking the Grotto Trail

On the last day of our trip we decided to take a family hike. This was a beautiful and easy hike up Payson Canyon. It was easy enough for the youngest (and oldest) among us. Perfect.


The kiddos crossing a log bridge

In the grotto -- isn't that cool!?

 Colby and Sadie in the waterfall. 
I love how the wind is pushing up Sadie's sleeves. Looks like she is about to take off flying!


 Getting muddy!

My parents
My dad with his trademark "book in hand" -- I am becoming just like him in that respect
I know he looks mean here...like he wants to break the camera...
but he was actually quite pleasant on this little outing. I think he even enjoyed it.

Sisters

 Mason climbed up above the waterfall. That's my boy scout...always looking for an adventure.


BBQ at Grandma & Grandpa's House

We had a BBQ at my grandparent's house on our last night in town. It was great to spend some time with my grandparents and Aunt Christine. I'm shocked to find that the after dinner entertainment is the only time I pulled out my camera. The kids gave us a lovely performance of the Frozen songs. It was very enjoyable. No really. It was. Even 2 yr old Becca was belting it out with the rest of them. I got some of it on video (but I have no idea how to upload them successfully). I smell future blackmail videos. Tee!hee!
 

 This was Colby singing his solo part in Love Is An Open Door.
It was adorable.


What a great trip. Thanks everyone for hosting us and making a week long party on our behalf.


2 comments:

Grannie said...

That excursion was fun! Sorry that Dad's hobby is to look grumpy! He did have a good time...it just looks different on him! I want to hear some more of that Frozen ensemble. When I heard them practicing in the car, I couldn't believe all the gusto and on tune grandkids I had!

Rachael said...

That was such a fun day! Wish we could go back and live that week over again, thanks for coming down!