June was packed with lots of little moments of "Summer Fun" that I want to remember. Here is a glimpse of how we filled our days.
I am in charge of Girls Camp for our church again this year. Our theme is "Your Once Upon a Time In Now." Here are the Tshirts that the girls painted. Aren't they adorable. Thanks Beth for the stencil idea and all the help!
Dinner with our good friends the Thompsons. The girls had fun playing around in their inflatable boat, pretending to go river rafting. I just thought this picture was cute.Summer fun at the Rexburg splash park. But look at the grassy mess on Colby's feet!!!! They did a horrible job cutting the grass and left all the clippings behind in these huge clumps. Gross.
My kids are kind of "over" the Splash Pad here. But they keep busy climbing things they probably shouldn't and they have fun playing with cousins. It is still a nice (and FREE) way to cool off in the summer.
The Saturday before Father's Day we had our annual Flight Show. It was a good one this year. The weather was a bit chilly and drizzly but everyone had a good time. Eric was in heaven!!
I found a bunch of these fun pics on my cell phone after a family dinner one night. It is Sadie and her cousin Kayla perfecting the art of taking "selfies." In most of the 20 or so pictures, one or both of their heads were half cut off, but this one turned out pretty good. Silly girls!!! Thank goodness for digital pictures that you can just delete.

Swim lessons were quite the experience this year. It was June...but the temps did not feel like it. We had lessons at 11:30, but we spent the first few days in the 50's and one morning it was even in the 40's. Can you believe it!?! The kids were freezing. And so was I!!! By the second day they all came with jackets and coats. It was so ridiculous to be swimming in that weather. While the kids swam, I got to play with Debbie's new baby Klare. She was a sweetheart.

Sadie gave me a surprisingly good pedicure!!!
In between all the fun times...I tried to put in some quality time in my classroom. I wasn't very successful. I didn't get into my room very often, and when I did I just felt lost and overwhelmed. So much to do...but not sure where to begin. I took down all the DARE stuff and cleaned up the room a bit. I arranged some desks...but that is about as far as I got. Sadly, in this district they shut down the schools in July and no one is allowed in. Gulp. So come August, I'll have lots to do.
Teaching Update: I am officially a certified teacher again. I have my Arizona credentials in hand. Now just waiting to process my Idaho paperwork.












2 comments:
Oh what fun! I especially love the cucumbers on Sadie's eyes! Wow, camp director! I did that one year, and it was tough! How fun to have Renae go this year. Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!
Forgot to mention your classroom! Soon it will be yours and look like you! I see a place for my wall quilt! You have worked so hard to get certified- I'm proud of you. Happy that you will be teaching, and glad that you don't have to do it full time! I wish I could have stayed half time all these years-----but, then we wouldn't have any retirement- as it turns out that Dad doesn't! Things work out.
Post a Comment