Renae was in the Rexburg Community Theater's performance of the Seussical in June. Practices began in April. It started out as a mild once or twice a week for an hour or two...but by June it was 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. It was VERY intense. I still can't say that I love the play itself...half the time I had no idea what was going on. But it was well done -- great costumes, sets, and actors/singers. It was a fun experience for Renae and I think she will want to do it again.
Renae was a Jungle of Nool Dancer. In this picture, Renae is just about dead center in the black shirt with a pink leopard tank.
The whole cast at a dress rehearsal. Renae's face is directly to the left of the Cat in the Hat's hat.
For each of the 3 performances...Renae had to go to the Paul Mitchell beauty school
and get her "animal hair" professionally done.
It was a little different each night, but it was a lot of fun for Renae and the other dancers.
New friends that Renae made (a.k.a. Mason's long time friends that she stole)
-- it made for some interesting moments.
Each night her make-up was done a little differently too. I think my favorite was on the last night...the one with the purple spots below.

The full costume
The aftermath of the teasing, spraying, twisting, and braiding. It ain't pretty...but that's theater for ya.






1 comment:
Wow, what a production! Renae, you look amazing! I love the "ears made of hair"! The pic of the hair down after the musical looks like you have more hair than a human could have! Congrats on a successful performance!
Post a Comment