BYU-Idaho owns an outdoor activity center called Badger Creek near Driggs, Idaho (about 45 minutes away). They sponsor a few BYU-I Employee Family Days each year. We signed up to attend the February one. It hadn't been a very snowy winter, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that they had LOTS of snow up at Badger Creek. It was a pleasant day, cold, but not bitter cold. The snow was actually beginning to melt on the pathways, although it was still thigh deep in other places. I know because I fell into a deep drift and could barely get out.
I love this goofy shot!
Actually...now that I remember. It was pretty darn cold.
Sunny, but windy... so we were freezing when we weren't under the cover of the trees.
The girls got their faces painted
The kids and I did the infamous "Donut on a String" game
This was the kids' favorite. The Big Swing.
They put you in a harness, pull you up to a really tall tower, and then you swing down.
I wish I knew how to load a video. We have some great action footage.
It was pretty darn high and VERY freaky.
Sadie went first
Renae
Colby
The last thing we did was the sledding hill
They pull you up the hill on a little version of a ski pull (similar to a bunny slope)
It was nice to not have to walk up the big hill over and over,
although you felt like your arms were being ripped out of the sockets at times :)
Eric and Sadie taking a trip down the hill
It was a fast, intense, and LONG ride down
What a fun adventure. I think we will make it an annual event.









No comments:
Post a Comment