Our "baby," Sadie, turned 8 in January.
Sadie sparkles -- she lights up a room wherever she goes.
Sadie is spunky -- the bold and quirky things that come out of her mouth crack me up.
Sadie is also a little too full of sass -- her attitude often gets her in trouble at home.
But we are so grateful to have her in our family.
Eating her birthday dinner -- tortellini
The Frozen Cake made by Eric using sugar glass.
The "lighting trick" is done by holding a flashlight from above.
This year was supposed to be a Friend Party year. However, Sadie's birthday comes so close to Christmas, and we were out of town for New Years, and I was feeling overwhelmed. Just thinking about doing a party was pushing me over the edge...so I offered Sadie a cash settlement instead. To my surprise, she took my opening offer of $20. We shook on it and everyone was happy. We did a family party on her birthday and she spent the cash on an Elsa and Anna Lego set that she had been saving up for. It was a perfect solution! I wonder how many of my kids will go for this? I used to be such a fun "party mom," but I am growing tired and boring in my old age.
I loved how all the "kids" (Eric included) got involved in putting together this Lego set.
Legos are in their blood.
Legos are in their blood.




2 comments:
Happy Birthday again Sadie!
Awesome cake! I love how you bought your way out of a birthday party. And for only $20! Wish I could get my kids to do that. I am in that crazy week where Sienna's party was last Friday and Tessia's is this Friday. Ugggh!
Post a Comment