The main event: The THANKSGIVING FEAST. Everything tasted divine!!!!
Eric smoked our turkey for us in his Kamado smoker. It was so moist and delicious. And the best part...I didn't have to do any of it :)
My sister has this adorable turkey kit that you poke into a pumpkin and use as a centerpiece each year. I love it!!! I need to make myself one.
We have this tradition of making name cards for Thanksgiving dinner. Renae used to be the Queen of the Name Cards (and her reign was often a Reign of Terror -- don't mess with her Name Cards) but Sadie has now taken over the throne. She and her cousin Tessia set to work and made these adorable creations. It was an idea that I got off Pinterest. They were harder than they look, so they only ended up making them for the kids, but that was okay. They were so cute and it kept them busy for a good long while!!
We had some amazing pies (thanks to Chef Eric) -- but I didn't get a picture. They were delish.
Later in the weekend we had a Crafting Party. This was part of Renae's Personal Progress Program for church. She had to make something for someone else or for her future home. She made a set of these adorable blocks for my younger sister for Christmas and helped me make my set too. Crafting is something that I enjoy doing as long as I have someone else there with me to hold my hand. Thanks ladies for a fun crafting project. I must admit that Renae has more natural crafting talent than her mother...just sayin'.
One more craft project...the kids made these yummy and adorable Oreo and candy turkeys. Aren't they fabulous?
ABOVE: What a "proper" candy turkey looks like (courtesy of Renae)
BELOW: What a "special" candy turkey looks like (courtesy of one of my 5th grade students)
Either way they had a great time and they taste delicious!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is all about my favorite things: FAMILY, FUN, and FOOD.

















2 comments:
Oh my goodness, looking at this makes me want to go back and live it (eat it) all again. I didn't remember you took so many good pictures! Thanks for bloggin it, and thanks for hosting us! Can you put the pics in Dropbox for me?
Looks like it was so much fun! Wish I could have been there.....sure beats Coco's where we ate this year because of all the packing etc.
Post a Comment