Did everyone hear about this promotion? It is the best thing Disney has ever done, in my opinion.
This year they are offering a free Disney ticket to anyone who does a "qualifiying day of service." My family had a reunion already planned in Souther California for this July so we all jumped on the bandwagon. All of my siblings and my parents have completed their service now (I think) and did everything under the sun: from planting trees to painting numbers on curbs to sewing blankets to working at the food bank....I don't even know what some of them did.
Anyway, we did ours last Saturday and it was a memorable day for all of us. Eric, Mason, Renae and I headed over to Jackson Hole WY to help with the Laps for Literacy event organized by the Teton Literacy Program. It was a race where skiers were competing for the most "vertical feet" skiied. They went up the lifts and down the slopes as many times as they could in 6 hours. Different slopes were worth different amounts so some strategy was involved.
We did everything under the sun from assembling gift bags, to stamping the ski bibs on the skiiers as they got on the lifts, to tallying the total numbers and entering them in the computer. It was really a neat event and we enjoyed being a part of it. It was also the first time the kids had been at a ski resort. Mason did NOT enjoy riding up the ski lift but he sucked it up and did it twice (we had to ride it to get to our post.)
It was great to earn free Disney tickets but it was great to spend a day helping out an organization that is doing a lot of good for the community as well. Eric and I think we would like to go back and do it again next year.
5 comments:
Cool...Brian has never been to Disneyland and now we just might have to do it!
That is awesome. I heard about it on the Disney channel. Way to go guys!
so much fun! i took a snowboarding class while at ricks and we would go to targhee it was BEAUTIFUL...hope the fam has fun at disney
Hi. Saw you on Rochelle's blog and thought I'd pop over and say hi.
I've heard about this promotion and it sounds like a perfect way to get a fun day for the family. How wonderful you got to all participate in the service together.
I tried to sign up for that but never heard back. I'll have to give it another whirl! good work and have fun with mickey!
Post a Comment