Monday, March 15, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I've been meaning to post some of these for months. I'll write down funny things they say on a scrap of paper or what not, then lose it. I wish I was better about it, like my sister. She has a side-column on her blog just for silly things her kids say. Ah well, here are a few of the ones that made me chuckle.

Colby: "Has a girl ever gone hiking?"
(looks like I need to dust off the hiking boots and show him what girls can do!)

Colby: "Is it tomorrow? Or is it still today?"
(that one is so hard to explain to a 4 year old)

The next one is more of a story than a quote.
Renae was concerned about getting the right purse
 to match with her Sunday outfit.
She is seven, mind you.
She finally found one that matched but it was full of all her “Emergency First Aid” things.
 She said it contained alcohol wipes, band-aids and her
scriptures.
She quickly explained how all of these things could come in handy at church
 or anywhere else you might find yourself.
She said she might use the alcohol wipes if someone tripped over their chair at church
or a band-aid if they got a paper cut.
She went on to say how the scriptures could be used in ANY emergency.
If you were lost you could find help in the scriptures.
If you were scared you could find comfort.
Pretty much any problem you had, you could probably find a story in the scriptures
that could help you out. I was struck by how profound this was.
We really should all use the scriptures as “Emergency First Aid”
for whatever problems we face along the road of life.
And it probably doesn’t hurt to have some band-aids & alcohol
wipes for church either.

4 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

those are so cute!

Wendy said...

Love the scripture story! They really are quite poignant without evening knowing it sometimes.

Rachael said...

I love the story of Renae's purse-- she sounds just like me! I always have bandaids and stuff in my purse. Maybe I should get a set of mini scriptures to put in there too. . .

Day Family Blog said...

That is great. Yes you better teach Colby that girls can hike... I remember Mason not believing that I could play basketball because I was a girl. BTW I need to change your background soon, I will try and do it tomorrow. We are at a Miche conference today and I could help you solve Renae's purse issur later :)