My blog widget says it is 28 degrees outside.
My igoogle page says it is 32 degrees.
And my cheapy, never-works-right outdoor thermometer says it is 38.
Either way....not warm.
But I just saw a woman in a t-shirt and capris outside
and yesterday I saw a lady in flip-flops.
Seriously!?!
Just because the calendar says spring doesn't mean it is.
Now, granted, it is sunny outside and supposed to be 50 this afternoon
-- so we may be able to take the coats off,
but capris....I don't think so.
5 comments:
I am one of those people that pulls out the flip flops as soon as the snow melts, so I can understand where they are coming from. Here in Boise its WARM! My kids are already sporting their shorts and sandals!
I've been breaking out my capris and flip flops too. Well not really capris just rolled up pants yesterday but I did throw on a sweater too. Maybe I'm starting to acclimate?
I'm SO SO SO ready for spring too but not weeding. I hate that :)
I honestly think that it is just wishful thinking. I put my heavy coat away after January 31st no matter what, not because it is warm (because it definitely isn't!) but just because I need to feel like Spring is right around the corner! Even my kids want to wear their "summer" shirts because the snow is melted, and that somehow means it is going to be warmer. It doesn't make sense, but it is crazy what we will do when we just WANT something so bad...even if it isn't real!
Wow, I guess I had a lot to say on that subject! :)
Well, I guess I'm crazy on the other end! I wore long pants, shoes and socks today...because it was "cold" in the morning. Heather, remember when you sent the kids to school with jackets, and then they changed to shorts in the afternoon? It's the crazy time of year. That's why our school lost and found is huge!
We have lots of the same down here. Next week they'll all have colds and coughs and not understand why?
Post a Comment