3 things I am guilty of around Christmas time:
Number One - Trying to save EVERYTHING I buy from mid November until December 24 -- for Christmas. For example, if Colby needs new jeans because all of them have holes in them on Nov. 23....I want to wrap them up and save them for Christmas. If I buy chapstick for Renae because her lips are so chapped they are bleeding on Dec. 3....I want to wrap it up and save it for Christmas. I guess I just want there to be lots of gifts, but somehow my mind is programed to think that every purchase I make in the 6 weeks leading up to Christmas should be a gift. It drives Eric crazy; but wrapping up socks, underwear, nail clippers....is that so wrong??
Number Two - I am done with my Christmas shopping. I've been officially done since the weekend of Thanksgiving. However, that does not mean that I am strong enough to always say no to the hundreds of cute little things that Walmart tries to entice me to buy. I call them stocking stuffers (that is my excuse) but they range from Christmas socks to holiday candy to crayons and on and on. Today I held my ground and didn't buy the cute pajama pants they had on sale at Walmart....but I did cave into gettting 79 cent chapsticks for everyone -- perfect stocking stuffer, right?
Number Three - Trying to keep it all "even-steven." When I make my initial Christmas list...I try to make things relatively even. But the dilemma always is: even in price? even in number of gifts? even in "wow-factor" -- what? I know, dumb stuff to worry about, but I do. And then if I decide to get a gift that is not on the list -- say, I want to wrap up and save the pair of jeans I bought Colby (see confession #1)...doesn't that mean I now have to get ALL the kids a clothing item?? Does it?? Help! I guess I just need to stay home, buy nothing else, and wait for Christmas to come.
Thanks for listening to my confessions -- I feel much better -- feel free to share your own.
4 comments:
My confession is that I always do almost all of my Christmas shopping on black friday. I hate paying full price for much of anything, including gifts. I can't remember the last time I spent full price or even more than half price on anyone's Christmas presents. I am cheap, what can I say? This way they are getting more than I would originally have gotten them right? This is how I justify it to myself. Pretty lame.
The even-steven thing is always hard for us too. I think while they are young they should be even number-wise. I don't want Dex flipping out because Corbin got more gifts than him and vise-versa. I think when they get older I'll do even in cost...or something...I don't know!
I am the same way about all 3 of those things! Except that I don't start shopping as early. After my initial shopping spree for my kids at Walmart a couple weeks ago, I still needed some things for Sienna. She's getting harder now bcuz she's older. I can't just get 3 Barbies, 3 pet shop sets, etc. anymore. So I went to a few other stores for specific items she wanted, but everywhere I went I got more things for the little girls too. They are just easier to shop for and sales grabbed me. Yikes, I don't think I'm going to be able to even it up this year. But I think Sienna's old enough to understand right? Her stuff is getting more expensive too.
I hear you!!! With kids it's all about "FAIR" but Taylor's gits were more expensive than the little tykes. I have to stop throwing in a couple more things for the stockings, or buy bigger stockings. No Wendy STOP!
Post a Comment