Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Shows

This year each of my kids was in at least one "holiday show" -- a concert, recital or other performance. Here is a quick overview of what went on. I tried to keep the video clips to a minute or less...but even then, I understand if only Grandmas and Grandpas want to watch them   :)

Mason's Band Concert (Dec 1): he plays trumpet -- you can't see him, but just imagine that you can. His concert was on the same night as our church Christmas party that I was in charge of so I had to miss it...but I listened to the recordings and they sound...like a 6th grade band.




Renae's Piano Recital (Dec 7): this is Renae's first ever recital. This was the culmination of a 10 week Piano Lab at BYU-Idaho. She did a great job. I wish I had a video...but I only had my cell phone with me so it is only a still photo.



***

Sadie's Preschool Program (Dec 16): well what can I say...it is a classic Preschool Program. Right before the song starts, when you hear the line "And Bells on Christmas Day" -- that is Sadie talking. The singing is pretty hilarious.





***

Renae's Clogging Performance (Dec 17): Renae has only been doing clogging since September and this is their first performance.  It was at a Retirement Home for the residents there. Renae started as a reluctant clogger, but she has really come along way and is finally enjoying it. She is on the far left of the screen.



***

Colby's Holiday Show (Dec 20): Colby was an elf, he is in the red striped shirt. He only had 2 brief lines (and we almost missed them when we were recording) but he really shone as he sang the songs. He was loud, knew every word, and his expressions just crack me up. He is so serious and sincere!




Busy, busy month! We are happy to settle down and just relax for the next few days until Christmas.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the reindeer nose! All these "things" we have to go to seem to make the Christmas season, Christmas!

Day Family Blog said...

Wow that is a lot of fun talent stuff to participate in. I know I want to get the kids involved in stuff but can't get over the money factor.

Day Family Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.