So I knew something fishy was going on when Eric told me to keep my Valentine's night open. I thought that was weird since we had already planned our low-key stay-at-home Valentine's evening...I bought steaks (that Eric was going to grill) and the ingredients to make grasshopper pie. I got even more suspicious when he told me he had a "Planning Meeting" at Kiwi Loco (a frozen yogurt shop) last Saturday night. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. In case you didn't know, I am a planner. I plan everything. I don't think Eric has ever planned a date for us. I'm not complaining, that is just how we do it. And it works for us. So this was really out of character for Eric. He had one more mysterious planning meeting a few days before Valentine's. So I knew that something unusual was in the works...but he wouldn't tell me what or even give me a hint.
So we (4 girls from my neighborhood and myself) were picked up by our chauffeur (Eric) in our limo (my old mini-van) at 5:00 sharp. We had no idea where we were headed. The suspense was killing us. Finally we arrived at our destination. Paul-Mitchell Beauty College -- we were scheduled for an hour of pampering. We could choose to get a manicure or a pedicure.
The group of Lucky Ladies
I've never had a manicure before (SHOCKER, I know, although if you've seen my fingernails...not so shocking) so I chose that. The manicure was okay, but what I really enjoyed was just having the five of us all in a room together being silly and getting pampered. I learned a lot of new things about these girls from church. I'm not sure how I got "in" with this group of girls. They all live no more than 2 houses away from each other and I live on a different street and they are all younger than me (3-12 years younger than me) but we all have a really fun time together. I couldn't have picked a better group of girls to share this Valentine's adventure with.
After we got all prettied up...our chauffeur picked us up and took us to one of the other girl's houses. When we arrived, we were shocked to find our husbands all dressed up in matching outfits (they were dressed as waiters) and an exquisitely laid table -- drippy candles, goblets, nice dishes, etc. We were then served a DELICIOUS Italian dinner (all made by the husbands) while a violinist played in the next room. We were also serenaded (in Italian) by one of the husbands who is a professional singer. He was amazing. Two things tied for "Favorite" in my book: when all the husbands sang a song together in Italian and the brownie cheesecake (to die for!).
It was a night that none of us will ever forget. It was all so well done and so thought out and so adorable!!! One of the husbands made this video of the night...if you want to see some of our fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8gZJnzF0qI
I'm not good at the "mushy-stuff" -- especially in a public forum, but I just want to say THANK YOU to my hubby for this wonderful Valentine's. And to tell him what a great father and husband he is. I am so lucky and I know that I take it for granted. Like a couple weeks ago when my computer broke down. Eric spent hours and hours (after work and at lunch) spread out over a few days, working patiently to figure out the problem. I would have given up long before then and called a professional or thrown the computer out the window...but he doesn't give up and he doesn't get angry and he knows that he can fix just about anything if he tries hard enough. I admire that so much...I hope my kids get that gift of perseverance and patience...because I don't have it. I know I don't say it enough, but I love you, honey.

5 comments:
Amazing! Definitely a night to remember. The "singing" video was great! Very Impressive Eric and friends. You are a lucky girl Heather.
Wow that is pretty impressive! Who came up with that idea. I might have to have Brad read this so he can get some pointers for next year ;)
Wow, that is impressive!
We barely celebrate Valentine's day. We haven't given each other gifts in years....Scott would never even think of something close to that! Kudos to Eric.
Amazing! sounds like the common factor in these couples is all the husbands are probably in the choir together. Italian is so romantic! We went to an Italian restaurant with an accordian player and singer the weekend before. :)
That is so adorable! I love it!
Post a Comment