Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Socks at Midnight

I was up late last night trying to finish up some laundry. Then I got up early (5:45am) to walk with my friend at the indoor track. As I came home from exercising, I was feeling pretty exhausted. So when I was getting the kids up for school at 7am, I decided to just snuggle on the bed with Colby and close my eyes for a few minutes. I told him how tired I was. He asked why. I explained that I had been up past midnight washing socks so that he and the other kids could have clean socks and underwear. His response...

Why would we need clean socks at midnight???

Good point, Colby. I just had to chuckle.

2 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

That is so funny!

Grannie said...

Colby, I love you! You are so literal. That's what I love about kids, they don't fool around with hidden meanings or innuendos.