So scouting in Rexburg is a whole different ball game than scouting in Tucson. Mason's troop (consisting of ten 12 and 13 year-olds) goes camping 12 months out of the year. And they sleep outside in tents...or snow caves. Last year we didn't have enough snow for them to build snow caves, but this winter they had their chance. Last weekend they traveled about 30 minutes from here and found plenty of snow to build their snow caves.
Their troop does a blog so all the families can see pictures of their camp outs. I was really impressed with the snow caves, Mason had told me all about them, but it wasn't until I saw the pictures that I could really picture what it was he was describing. It was A LOT of work. I can't imagine sleeping inside them, but Mason said it was actually quite warm. I think I would get claustrophobia.
Anyway, here is a link to his troop blog if you want to check out some pictures of the snow caves and their adventures.
http://troop-306.blogspot.com
3 comments:
I looked at the pictures, and I would DEFINITELY be claustrophobic! It's crazy that they slept in that. But exciting that Mason got to experience that and have fun.
Wow I don't think I could sleep in their either and I still just have a hard time believing one could be warm while sleeping on snow. So weird! Awesome job Mas!
So cool. That little video was awesome too. Got a bunch of movie makers in your ward.
Post a Comment