Renae's final dance recital -- it happened to be the weekend of Colby's baptism
so we had lots of family in town. Fun!
Mason also had a Jazz Band concert that week, but I don't have pictures...
just a video and it won't load up.
Sadie's Author's Tea -- a.k.a. Kindergarten Graduation --
It was cute. They sang songs and they each read something that they had written
Sadie with her wonderful teacher -- Mrs. Hazard
Colby at Field Day with his classmates.
It was a chilly day and rained off and on, but that's May in Rexburg.
Sadie had a great time at their Wild West Field Day too.
Renae's culminating project for the year was a class history museum.
Each group got a time period in American history to study in depth and present.
They read lots of books on their subject (hers was the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl)
and became "experts" on their time period.
Then families got to come tour the displays. It was VERY impressive.
I love American history and I actually learned a lot.
Renae and Mairin in costume
See the DUST in the BOWL...a little play on words (my idea!)
Mason had little to nothing "fun and special" at his school for the end of the year. He kept on working hard up until the last couple days (finals and papers, etc). He loved to remind us all of this every night at dinner as the other kids shared the different parties or fieldtrips they had had that day: a movie party, a Librarian's Dozen chocolate fountain party, a Pacers Party (for kids that ran laps at lunch), a AR Reading Party (I'm not making these up!) and the list went on and on.
Poor Mason. I guess party time is over in 7th grade.







1 comment:
There us always so much that last month of school, I am with you wondering what they are learning. I also know as a parent through I am so burned out on projects and reports that I roll my eyes when one more comes home. It is so nice to have everything wrapped up and get a brake for several weeks. We go back on the 25th of July though....luckily we got out before memorial day because right about now the boredom is about ready to break me.
Post a Comment