Sunday, September 22, 2013

Lazy Summer Days

After our busy June & July -- we were ready for a relatively calm and lazy August. Our school wasn't starting until August 28th so we had almost a whole month to enjoy.

We took a trip to the local zoo in Idaho Falls. It wasn't much, kind of small and unimpressive, but the kids still had a fun time.

 The kids playing around in the huge egg shell...


 Sadie -- our animal lover was in heaven at the petting zoo and with this life size tiger statue. 


What I really enjoyed with our down time...was getting a few good books read. Sometimes I go a little overboard and put too many books on hold at the library. My hope is that they'll come in one or two at a time over a period of a few weeks. 
Unfortunately, that never seems to happen -- they all show up at the same time. Grrrrrrr. 
I didn't make it through the whole stack, but I got 4 out of 6 read from this stack.
 Books make me happy!!!!!

No comments: