Our last day of the Williams Family Reunion was action-packed. We decided to do another day in Yellowstone. This time we went the opposite way on "The Grand Loop." Our first stop was Old Faithful. There is a really nice museum there with lots of interactive stuff that the kids can do.
Our kids kind of took over the Children's Room...we were a force to be reckoned with
We also went inside the old Yellowstone Lodge. This place is amazing inside!
Side Rambling: But what was just as amazing to me was that I was able to take a clear picture in this low-light setting! I know this may be boastful, but I was so proud of myself that I was able to do that on the manual setting. We came here a little less than a year ago with some friends and I tried and tried but couldn't get a clear picture. Now with some metering and some adjustments...Bam!
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
The Wait...waiting on Old Faithful is part of the experience...but never anyone's favorite part.
At least Grannie came prepared with the dried fruit.
Thar she blows...
We enjoyed another lovely picnic lunch. Perfect temperature and a great spot.
The kids even found a tree to use as a see-saw.
The majority of the group was ready to head back to the cabin after this adventure...but a few of us die hards decided we wanted to see one more set of geysers and pools. So we shuffled cars and 2 carloads headed home and 2 carloads went in search of the last sight-seeing spot.
We stopped at Biscuit Geyser Basin (I think). It was a nice boardwalk that took us by some beautiful blue pools and some bubbling geysers too. It was great!
We also got to wade in the river.
It was warmer than a normal river because of all the hot springs and geysers that feed into it.
Back at the cabin, the kids enjoyed one last evening of play time.
I think in retrospect...we all wished we'd had more down time to just play or visit.
Not that we didn't enjoy the sight-seeing & hiking, but maybe next time we need to go somewhere where there is NOTHING cool to see or do so that we can just relax and enjoy each other's company. Or would that get old??
Janelle tried to capture one GRANDKID picture for posterity's sake...
it didn't go well. This was the best picture out of the many, many she took.
Oh well, something is better than nothing :)
Our last event was celebrating Renae's birthday...(which fell on this day)
but I will give her birthday its own post...
so that a certain someone won't get her feelings hurt when she looks it up in the blog book next year and says, "Hey, how come everyone has a special birthday post except me?!?"
Not that this has or would ever happen....but just in case (wink!wink!)
No comments:
Post a Comment