Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2 quick things to note

Since this blog is our Family History and the closest thing to a journal that anyone in this house is keeping, I wanted to note a couple family events here.

In January, Renae was a finalist in the school Geography Bee. I had never seen a Geography Bee before. It was kind of fun. If I'd known what sort of questions they would ask, we probably could have studied with her better. But she still did great and finished well (5th place).



Mason was chosen to be in an "Honor Band" in January. Big month! I actually had no idea what this meant when he received the invitation. I soon learned that select band students from all over the area (I think 8-10 Junior Highs were involved) were invited to come together for a day of band practice and teaching at BYU-Idaho. They spent the entire day at the college learning new songs and practicing for their concert that night. He had a great time and learned a lot. Getting a day off school just sweetened the deal.
I enlarged the picture so that you can see where Mason is (maybe).
He is on the far left. 2nd person in from the edge.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Go Mason! Honor Band is a big deal. :)