This was an action packed day. Eric met up his good friend Matt and they spent most of the day together. They did some off-roading (just like old times) and went out to lunch (Mexican Food, of course).
Meanwhile, I met a friend for breakfast. She was a good friend that I used to work with at Tortolita. We had Nico's Breakfast Burritos -- a tradition from back in the days when we used to job-share almost 10 years ago. It was great to catch up and get back in touch with each other.
We had the afternoon wide open so my mom and I decided to take the kids on a little desert exploration. Take them back to their roots (they were all born in Tucson!)
There is a pretty good desert just steps from my parent's house...it is right behind their neighborhood. I hadn't been out there in decades! I remember burying some pets out in that desert. A couple of neighbor kids came with us on our adventures. The weather was PERFECT. Low 70's.
Mason & Renae by a prickly pear cactus
The cholla were EVERYWHERE in this patch of desert. They are my least favorite cactus!!! I took this close up of the cholla cactus -- these things are nasty!! Their
nickname -- The Jumping Cactus -- is well earned. I think everyone got
stuck by a piece of this on their pants or socks before we were done. No
fun! But that is just par for the course in desert exploring. Ahhhhh, brings back memories.
The kids posing by a stately saquaro cactus
* * *
For New Years Eve we had a supper on the floor of finger foods (a Williams Family tradition) while we watched Holiday Inn (another tradition). My kids had never seen it, but they really enjoyed it.
Then after the movie we went over to one of my BFF's home to play a few games and so our kids could see each other (it was the only chance they were going to have). We planned to stay for an hour or two and still be back to my parent's house by 10:00pm to ring in the new year with them. Well.....one thing led to another....the games, the fireworks, the snacks, the BFF's of the next generation and we just couldn't pull ourselves away. Luckily my mom was VERY understanding and said that she and my dad were happy to head to bed early and see us in the morning. Thanks Mom!!
A fun game of reverse charades
It was boys against girls...I think we won
Yay, finally a picture of the BFFs.
Just wish we could have beamed in Jessica and her family as well.
now THAT would have been an awesome party.
The next generation:
Naomi has 3 kids, I have 4, and Mandy has 5
They make quite the gang of fun-loving kids!!
Ringing in the New Year with FIREWORKS...
and Sparkling Apple Cider...
and Noise Makers....
and Best Friends.
What could be better??? It really was a perfect night.
I miss you all already!




No comments:
Post a Comment