Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Birthday

Yep, I had a birthday. And I'm older now. It would hardly be worth mentioning except that I had a REALLY good birthday and people went out of their way to make me feel special. So I wanted to document it.

(Not a great picture of me) but I wanted you to see the fancy presentation of my brownie and peppermint ice cream. It was beautiful and delicious.




Highlights of the day:

A group of my girl friends taking me out to lunch at Costa Vida. We had a wonderful time!

Spending a few minutes by myself reading a book.

Going to Pack Meeting (okay, not usually a highlight - but it got me out of the kitchen so Eric could make dinner for me without me interfering).

Dinner -- My dad's recipe of Breaded Veal (not real veal) that I had every year on my birthday growing up. I had mentioned weeks before that I wished I could have it again for my bday someday. Eric jumped on that and recreated the meal for me. It was AWESOME!! Best present!

After dinner -- Eric doing all the clean up so that I got to relax and enjoy time with the kids.

My gifts this year were all stuff for sewing...and the cutest sewing basket to put it all in. Loved it!

Ending the evening by watching an episode of Downton Abbey on the couch with my hubby.



Might not seem like much but it was a perfect birthday as far as I am concerned.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is an amazing birthday! How do you like Downton Abbey season 4? I am not loving it and not caring about the characters as much anymore, but still not quite giving it up.