Monday, February 10, 2014

New Year's Reflection

I know that we are now 6 weeks into 2014...but not on this blog. So before I say good-bye to 2013, I wanted to pull out some highlights and reflect on a few things.

We have now been in our home for 18 months. Where has the time gone? We have been living in Idaho for 4 1/2 years. That is almost unbelievable!! We have made wonderful friends and have had so many great adventures here.  While we still think fondly about Arizona and love so many people back there...this is home.

2013 did not bring any new jobs, houses, or crises. And I am grateful for that. It is nice to have a year that is more "routine" for a change. Still, I'd like to hightlight each of the kids and what went on in their lives this year.

Mason -- reached a major milestone this year and is now officially taller than me!!! It is such a weird feeling to be looking UP to your child. It doesn't seem possible that my baby is now 5'9" tall. And I don't think he is done. Mason is excelling in 8th grade. His passions are trumpet (band and Jazz Band), scouts (he is one Merit Badge and a project away from getting his Eagle), and anything to do with electronics.

Renae -- has blossomed this year and is looking more and more like the Young Lady she is becoming. She is a sought after babysitter and she truly loves it. She is a great pianist and has FINALLY admitted that she likes piano (Hallelujah -- I knew she liked it, but she just couldn't say it!) She is an excellent student, especially when it comes to writing. She has turned into a voracious reader (just like her mama) and can devour a book in no time flat.

Colby -- had a very special event this year. He was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This was an important choice and event for him and our whole family. I'm very proud of him and his decision to follow Christ. Colby's interests include reading (he is into Roald Dahl right now), Cub Scouts, building Legos, drawing and playing Minecraft. Colby is my most diligent worker around the house: I can always depend on him to get his chores done fast and thoroughly.


Sadie -- is our family princess, pixie, and pet all wrapped into one. Her sweetness and her tantrums are both unsurpassed. This year she really learned how to read well and how to love reading. She still adores all things related to animals. She is in her second year as a Daisy Girl Scout. Going to school all day (she is in 1st grade) was a bit of a transition... at first she felt like "each day was a whole week" but she has adapted well and is having a great year. She is a super friendly kid. Sadie loves to make cards for people -- her drawings & messages are priceless.



We look forward to 2014 with high hopes and dreams. Here's to another year of fun, friends, and family!!!

* photos taken by Erin Haynie (my awesome sister-in-law) -- Thanks Erin. They turned out great!!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Its fun to read up on your "blog catch-up" too! I finally got ours up to date. Your kids are precious. I cannot believe how grown up they all look. That really will be a weird thing to look up to your kids. Fun to see your mom's house too. I've never gotten to visit there.

Rachael said...

I enjoyed reading your updates on the kids. I LOVE those photos too! Worth waiting for. You picked out great clothes for the kids too. :)