The day before Easter was a BEAUTIFUL day (and we haven't had many nice days in the past week) so we were thrilled. The kids dyed eggs in the morning and then we had an Easter Egg hunt and BBQ with extended family in the afternoon. It was amazing to be able to be outside for hours and hours without feeling cold. It was perfection!!

Sunday we spent a quiet day with just our own family. We went to church in the morning (minus Renae -- it was sad to be without her on Easter. Curse those Chicken Pox!) then spent the afternoon just relaxing and spending time together. Then I pulled off a miraculous feat...I cooked my first full "Thanksgiving Dinner" (for Easter) all by myself!! Eric helped a lot so it wasn't entirely by myself, but I mean there were no sisters or sister-in-laws bringing side dishes or cooking the turkey for me. It was a bit crazy and stressful, but I did it!!! And I'm happy to say that it turned out well. AND...if that wasn't enough. I went all crazy and made homemade rolls FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!! (Am I the last person on earth to learn how to make rolls? Probably.) It was scary, but I was determined to do it. They weren't the "perfect rolls" that my mom makes, but they were pretty darn good. Okay, I know that pride is bad, but I can't help feeling happy when I conquer a fear and learn to do something new.
We finished our Easter Sunday by watching video clips on biblevideos.org about the life, death, and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. The videos are very well done and a great way to teach your children about Christ. Check them out if you haven't had a chance yet.



1 comment:
And your darling niece was born...the best part of the day and you didn't even mention it! ;)
Post a Comment