I know you all just want to see the pictures...so here they are:
Finally...beginning to lay down some of the decking. The color is called Silver Maple
We had so many helpers...even the neighborhood boys helped put down a few boards.
A nice view of the deck from below
When the majority of the decking was down, Eric decided it was time to tear into the wall. Ahhhhhh!
He did this at night while I was not home. I was a little freaked out, I'll admit. Putting in the door was so scary to me...I knew it had to happen but it meant tearing apart my house!
The demolition continued yesterday...look at that HOLE in my home!
This is when our 12x12 pop-up shade got blown off the deck by a sudden burst of wind. It was crazy. I freaked out...Eric was gone to the store...Mason handled it like a man and got it all straightened out. No damage, thankfully.
It was a long and grueling day...but look at the semi-finished product! Eric had his brother Devin and Mason there for hours and hours as they worked through all the little bumps and hiccups in the project.
It doesn't have handles on yet, and it isn't all trimmed out...but I have French Doors in my kitchen! I can't believe it!!













3 comments:
Amazing! Can't believe those double doors fit there so nicely. Maybe you really will have this done before we get there! But still, don't feel bad if you don't. Glad you will be past the hole in the house stage though. :)
Holy moly it looks great. It seems like (from my point of view) that it is going along quicker than I thought it would! How awesome!! You are gonna love it forever!! That is a lot of exclamation points :)
The process and progress is awesome! Eric is a talented magician! Can't wait to see more posts now that you're done?
Post a Comment