The ENDINGS...The end of the school year is always a happy and sad time. The kids (and I) are ready for summer, but they will miss their friends and teachers. I think it is nice to do something or give something to my kids' teachers at the end of the year. A "thank you" for all the hard work and endless effort they put in to educating my kids. I am notoriously NOT crafty...but I got this idea somewhere and was determined to make it happen. I bought all the supplies (fun duct tape, a variety of pens, markers, and highlighters) then I turned it over to Renae. She did a great job of making these look cute. Even Eric helped me out with the labels. Thanks team Cameron!

Renae and her BFF
These girls still like to dress alike occasionally.
They decided the last day of school would be YELLOW day
This year they have turned the duo into a trio (yay!)
Mairin, Megan, and Renae
And now for the BEGINNINGS.....
Drumroll please...
After 9 years out of the game, I am going back into "real" teaching next fall.
* It will still only be 2 hours a day (3 with plan time -- I had to fight for that plan time!)
* I will be doing something very similar to what I did the last 2 years as an aide
(helping students who struggle with reading)
* But I will be the Classroom Teacher instead of the Aide/Paraprofessional
* I will have 12-15 students and 2 Aides to help me
* I will have my own classroom (why does this fact scare me so much)
* I have spent the past 2 months and $$$$ hundreds of dollars getting my certificate current
(it still isn't all finalized, but I hope it all goes through smoothly)
Here is my classroom.
It has been a D.A.R.E. room and an art room
and a "dump anything you don't want" room. So it needs a good cleaning out.
Almost every day I PLAN to go in and work in my room. But for some reason I am almost paralyzed with fear. Where to begin? There is so much to do!! I don't know why I am so terrified of the simple act (although really not so simple) of putting a classroom together.
But I'll pull it together and be just fine.
Maybe tomorrow.



1 comment:
All exciting, especially going back to teaching! It's fun to read about the goings on in your family.
Post a Comment