If you've never "hiked the Y" -- you are missing out. On an amazing view. On a Right of Passage. On a fun family activity that can be completed in just a couple hours. Admittedly the path is very steep, full of hair pin turns, and the terrain is pretty ugly; but the vista from the top is inspiring and the feeling of accomplishment is unforgettable. If you are hiking the Y in the summer, you want to start and finish the hike while the trail is still in the mountain shadow. At least that was the theory, but it was a very chilly morning, and we about froze.
We started out around 8:00am. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Only Mason had thought to bring a jacket.
I'll admit, I was worried about how Sadie would do on this hike.
She is often a bit of a whiner when it comes to things like this.
But amazingly...she buddied up with Aunt Christine (our fearless leader)
and led the pack the whole way.
Colby climbing on the actual Y. It isn't as white from this angle.
Aunt Christine with the kiddos...thanks Christine for being our trailblazer!!
The view of Provo with Utah Lake in the background. Stunning!
After the hike we went back to Rachael's house to pack up in preparation to move over to Janelle's house for the last few days of our trip. We had a quick lunch, then headed to my parents' hotel to swim in the indoor pool. I was a party pooper and decided not to swim. I was the official photographer instead. Rachael stayed out of the water as well, and Janelle was home with her littlest kids, so it was just my mom and dad in the pool with 9 kids! I think everyone had a blast!!! There was even a period of time when it was just my dad and all those kids (my mom left for some reason). I kept my eyes glued on the kids to watch for any problems, but my dad was amazing and played with those kids like a champ!
Pops was the boat for all the little girls
Colby stuck a ball in the back of his shirt. It was his "floatation device hump"





3 comments:
I love it how when people come into town we actually do stuff that we've never gotten around to doing in our own town. :)
Love the picture with Tessia on Pop's back and his smile :) It sure was a fun time together!
That hotel pool is fun. Just look at Dad's face in the pool...just too much fun for him to hide it!
Post a Comment