Our home is under contract (which means we had an offer, we counter-offered, and they accepted). We still have to go through the inspection, appraisal, and so forth so it is not a "done deal" but it looks promising. The AMAZING part is that the house was only on the market for 4 days and we got only $1500 less than we were asking. In this market, that is unheard of! We are thrilled. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. This has truly been a blessing from the Lord. We will be able to leave Tucson with the peace that our house is sold.
Which brings me to the sad part...my house is being sold. I cried last night in my kitchen. This is my kitchen....how can it be anyone else's kitchen? We have been in our home for 10 years. We bought it as newlyweds (we'd been married exactly 1 year) and had no kids. All my babies came home from the hospital to this home. Almost ALL of my memories of married life are in this home. Every square inch of this home is oozing with memories and stories. I know this is the right thing to do for our family right now. But it is still so tough. Sigh.
9 comments:
Are you kidding me?! That is AMAZING that its already under contract. I will pray for that it works out for you.
Don't be sad, you will always have the memories, and you will make new ones in rexburg. I can't believe you've lived in one place so long.....we've moved like 6 or so times in almost 6 years!
What a blessing. I hope it all comes through for you!
I felt the same way when we sold our home in Lehi. Let me assure you, there is life after the first house and you get to keep all the wonderful memories...you'll be making lots of fun new ones in the days, weeks an years ahead!
Hooray! That is great news! You guys keep receiving blessing after blessing. I hope you are keeping a journal of all these things. (Well, duh!?!? I guess a blog counts, right?) What a great opportunities to teach your children the power of prayer, tithing, fast offerrings, fulfilling callings and being obedient. So many lessons!
wow! that's awesome for you guys! reality is knocking at our door. are you doing the bastians garage sale this wkend?
I am really so happy things are looking good to sell your house. I hope everything goes through ok!
I love the difference in temperatures between Rexburg and Tucson. And I was so bummed that it was going to get into the lower 80's this week... te-he! :)
I'm so happy for you! What a blessing too. I bet this really helps you know that you're making the right decision. Isn't it great that Heavenly Father helps us out in that way? Just awesome.
Mom told me the good news! I can't believe that it all is happening so fast. I guess there is another assurance from the Lord that you guys are doing the right thing. Sorry about all the emotions you are having to go through lately. All I can say is be grateful that you aren't also pregnant right now cuz then you would really be a basket case.
Wow! Congratulations on the quick sale of your house! That is amazing in this economy! The Lord is definitely blessing you and your family! Just remember...home is where your family is! But take lots of pictures before you leave anyway ;)
WOW! Congrats! We are going to be so sad to see your family move. At least you have family here, so we know you will come back to visit. I hope you dont mind me checking out your blog. I found it on Jennys!! If you need help with anything the next few weeks, PLEASE let me know.
-Trisha
paulandtrisha.blogspot.com
Post a Comment