Back in September we took a fun family camp out to a spot about 45 minutes from our house. When we camp, Eric likes to do "middle of no where" camping -- meaning not set camping spots, no facilities, and no one else with in sight or ear shot. At first I hated this type of camping but I am coming around to it as I see the advantages of no one being able to hear my kids whooping like Wild Things or fighting like cats and dogs. Also Eric has quite the set up now. We have a sink with running water on his homemade trailer and we have a port-a-potty of sorts with its own private tent. Sounds horrible, but really it is better than most "biffies" or "camp site bathrooms." Not great pictures -- but you can see how much fun the kids are having.
In the sky is ash (not rain or snow). It was chilly, but not freezing.
Sadie smilin....Colby zonin out
Mason loves to whittle sticks into animals.
Renae loves to sit by the fire and poke sticks in it
Eric with his "man-trailer"
Okay, the following is my first attempt EVER to put a video on my blog. We'll see how it goes. I am NOT an expert at filming, editing or anything involved with digital video. So sorry, in advance. But we hiked to some amazing waterfalls on this campout and I just wanted to share.
The first falls is called Sheep Falls and is only accessible by 4 Wheel Drive vehicle or a pretty long hike. We opted for the off-roading. The second fall is Cave Falls and is accessible by a LONG but mostly flat dirt road. It was a fun adventure!!
3 comments:
You guys always have such fun adventures. Seems like you are living in the right place too!
Hey you figured it out. Pretty easy once you know how. Good job and looks like a lot of fun.
Wow, I guessed I missed this video! It took my breath away. It looks like a mini-Niagra falls...really! What an adventure! I love Sadie asking if it ever stops!
Post a Comment