Monday, October 18, 2010

He's FAKE!!!

**** WARNING ****
Do not let children read this post.

It isn't dirty or anything, just about "The Big Guy in Red."



So Sadie says to me yesterday, "I don't believe in Santa."
I was a little stunned, after all she is only THREE!!!!
I responded, "Why?"
Sadie shrugged, "He's fake."
Me, "Really? I believe in him. Why do you think that?"
Sadie, "Because he has a beard and beards are FAKE."
I was floored.
She can believe the flying reindeer, the elves,
 and the coming down the chimney,
but not the beard????
I asked, "What about Pops? (that's my dad) He has a beard."
Sadie, "No he doesn't...he just has long hair...down in the front."
I was busting up laughing at this point. If you've seen my dad, you understand.
He is bald and has a beard. Funny how she didn't see it that way.
But now I understand why she has always drawn pictures of my dad
with lots of hair on his head.

So we are on the look out for people with beards
 so I can convince her that
BEARDS ARE REAL and save Christmas.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

I was looking through your Oct. posts and felt bad that there were no comments on this one! Well, I did email you about how cute it was. Anyway, save this, and like I said, it's a best seller waiting to be submitted! mom