Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The end of the Challenge

Written on Sunday 11/21/10:

So today marks the end of the "8 Weeks to a Better You Challenge" that I participated in. It was a WONDERFUL experience: hard, challenging, difficult and stressful at times, but life changing, invigorating and so helpful! I've learned that "I can do hard things!" I've learned that I can live without ice cream as a daily part of my life. I've learned that I do NOT need a dessert after dinner every night and that I do NOT need to eat a late night snack every night. I have really pushed myself and I am happy with the results. I've written in my journal more in the last 8 weeks than in the last 8 years combined. I've read twice the amount of scriptures or spiritually uplifting literature than I normally would. I lost 11 lbs. in 8 weeks (which isn't remarkable compared to some diets -- like South Beach or Atkins) but it is a life style change more than a diet and it is something that I think I will be able to maintain and continue at least to some degree. The point system was very effective for keeping me on track. My mom and one of my friends and I are even going to continue to do a variation of the challenge continuing throughout the holidays -- I don't want to lose all my good habits and gain back all my weight by over-indulging during the next 6 weeks.

Thank you. Thank you to the makers of this challenge -- you have made a lasting change in my life and the life of my family.

I know it wasn't about the money, but my sister and I were both able to finish the challenge with perfect points and we will be recieving a cash prize as well. Isn't that fun!

There will be another challenge in January. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you the information when it is time.

2 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Congratulations! For me, there are very few things more rewarding then challenging ourselves by setting difficult goals and then realizing them! You've done fabulous and I'm proud of you. Keep it up!

Trisha said...

YOU ROCK! I just saw this post...thanks, you are so sweet! It starts back up in 2 days, I am giddy!