Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall or Winter?

I was planning to do a blog today about Fall.
I took some fun fall pictures and I was going to sing the praises of the autumn season.
Well, I'm still going to do that... but today it became winter.

I'm not very "into" seasonal decorating. I like it, but I just don't have much.
But I am in love with these HARVEST blocks that I made last year.


I also made these fun pumpkins. Yes, they are pumpkins.
Eric says they look like stumps with brown mittens on top
with green hearts attached. Men!


Some action shots of the kids playing in leaves in our front yard.

Showin' some belly!!

The kiddos.
We really had a lovely fall.
It was long & unseasonably warm with weeks of delightful days in the 60's.


Look at the beautiful leaves!
All three trees are the same kind but the leaves all turned different colors.
 How cool is that?

We woke up to rain, but it changed to snow during breakfast.
But it was just a light dusting. Reminded me of powder sugar.



 
By 3:00 in the afternoon it was a couple inches deep.
The kids went out for their first romp in the snow.

Sadie loved making snowballs.


I love the snow on the fall leaves.
Kind of a dramatic way of showing the two seasons together.


By dusk we were blanketed under a good 4 inches of powder.
I do love the look of the Winter Wonderland.

Good-bye Fall. Hello Winter.

2 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

Winter does look lovely, but I'm still not looking forward to it.

Wendy said...

I love your crafts and I totally knew they were pumpkins before I read Eric thought they were stumps. They are darling. Those three trees in your yard are gorgeous. I can't believe you have that much snow already, we got a skiff Monday but it was gone in about an hour.