This was Mason's sea worthy creation: he used blankets, PVC pipes, jump ropes and other random household items. Then he enlisted the kids to be his crew....Land Ho, Shiver Me Timbers, Thar She Blows!! (okay, that's all my pirate lingo for now).
Captain Mason, 1st Mate Colby and the girls rowing the oars
A view of the rest of the "ship" -- it is even flying a pirate flag
It makes me so happy when my kids do "pretend play" like this. I wish it happened more often. It reminds me of my childhood with my siblings. I remember playing post office, library and school. Wow, I guess we weren't thinking 'outside the box' much but still....we had so much fun and kept ourselves entertained for hours. Times have changed with all of our modern technology, but I'm glad that sometimes my kids like to just play in the old fashioned way. I need to encourage it more. But in the name of full disclosure....you should know that it all ended in squabbling and fighting (it usually does). C'est la vie!
2 comments:
I love it when you see kids playing pretend together! Some of my favorite memories were building forts and "caves" in our blanket closet! So cute!
How fun! I remember the good old library an school days. Not very creative but still some imagination was involved :) I never realized until just now that is how you spell "say la vi" :)
Post a Comment