Monday, January 30, 2012

Courageous

Have you heard of or seen this movie? Well I am giving it 2 thumbs up. It is a wonderful movie about the importance of fathers.... but especially good fathers. This movie had it all: me laugh out loud, it made me cry, there were moments of suspense & action, and it really made me stop and think. I recommend that couples watch this for a "date night" -- it will make you appreciate your children and think of ways you can be a better parent. It is a "Christian film" -- so don't be shocked at the open discussions about God and faith -- it is definitely not your mainstream Hollywood flick but I am finding that the "Christian film" genre is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

While it isn't going to win any academy awards, and there were a few cheesy moments the message was powerful and could change lives.

My favorite quote from the movie, "I don't want to be a 'good enough' father."

P.S. Eric really liked it too.

3 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

I was kinda forced to see this movie against my will at the dollar theater while Marde was in town for Christmas. Although it was not what I wanted to spend my rare date night doing, I actually enjoyed it for the most part. It was quite cheesy though!

Rachael said...

I haven't seen it yet, but it is on my list because I heard about it from Christian radio. There is a good song of the same title, from the movie I believe. Also at Walmart they are selling some sort of framed pledge from the movie that dads can make. Cool but I wish it was free.

Wendy said...

will have to check it out, thanks for the recommendation.