Some of the highlights were:
Grannie Days -- when we lived in Arizona, the kids would take turns having a day with Grannie, all to themselves. They looked forward to it all month. Since we didn't have enough time for each child to have a "Grannie Day" we did the next best thing: "Shared Grannie Half Days". The boys shared a half day and then the girls shared a half day. On the girls day, I joined in too. We played board games, went on an outing to play at the McDonald's playground and then got a treat. The boys also played games, then went on a little hike and finished up with a frozen yogurt treat.
Making Sugar Cookies -- I love my mom's sugar cookies. She is a master and they always come out perfect. Also, she has the patience it takes to let the kids roll, cut, cook, frost & decorate them.
Reading Time -- My mom always loves to have story time with the kids. They read to her and she reads to them.
Just hanging out, chit-chatting and enjoying each other's company.
Here are a few pictures of our time together.
Showing off their masterpieces. Yummy!
Look, everyone is wearing some shade of red or green. How Christmas-y.
Totally not planned!
1 comment:
Oh it was oh so fun! as always I wish these visits could be longer. I hope we will get better get togethers when we are in St. George. Seem like it could happen if we are a bit closer.
Post a Comment