A little background: The 4 of us became best friends in 6th grade and our friendship has just continued to grow and mature with each new stage in life. I love these girls like sisters. They each inspire and uplift me in ways that they will never know. And I can truly say that I don't know what my life would be like without them. Okay, hand me a tissue....
I had 48 hours in Tucson. We didn't go anywhere exciting or do anything blog-worthy in the traditional sense. We just spent time reconnecting and lending a hand to a friend in need. My post-op friend is not allowed to bend, squat or lift anything over 5 pounds. Try doing that and being a mother of 3. Hard! So we pitched in and did dishes, sweeping, weeding and even pet care. I think my favorite part of the whole trip was the 2 1/2 hours of weeding that we did together. My recovering friend laid in the hammock while the other 3 of us pulled weeds nearby. It may not sound fun, but it was. We chatted, we bonded, we shared stories and advice on all different subjects. It was also so nice to get outdoors again and to feel the warm sun shining down. I was actually sweating! It has been months since we've had warm weather in Idaho.
The 4 Amigas
We did get out of the house to watch a volleyball game.
Both of my Tucson friends' daughters play on the same YMCA team.
My mom watched my kids almost non-stop for 2 days
so that I could devote my time to my dear friend who needed me.
Colby commented, "Mom, we hardly saw you in Arizona."
That was true. Thanks mom for letting me do what I needed to do.
Of course, my kids and my mom loved every minute of their 'Grannie time',
so there were no complaints.
so there were no complaints.
My mom had to go to work for half a day so I had my kids for a few hours.
I arranged a quick rendezvous with some friends from my old neighborhood.
My kids got to see their old playmates and I got to see the 'Bus Stop Moms.'
They are all amazing ladies. I miss the old 'hood.
Colby and I standing next to a saguaro cactus silhouette.
Just driving through the desert going from place to place around Tucson made my heart melt.
I miss the beautiful Sonoron Desert.
It is so unique and special, it almost brought me to tears a couple times.
I didn't realize how much I miss Arizona - it is still "home" in many ways.
From a different angle so you can see Colby and me.
Sadie was pouting in the car.
There were SO many people that I would have loved to have seen, but I didn't get to. I apologize and I hope you understand. I wish I'd had a couple more days. But we had a tight schedule and my purpose was set...to spend time with, cheer up, encourage, uplift and help out my friend. I believe that we accomplished our mission. However, Mason and Renae are very sad they didn't get to come...so I hope there will be a longer family trip to Arizona later this year.

3 comments:
I can't believe you got all of that done in 48 hours. I need to learn some tricks from you when I go home for a visit. :)
Thank you, thank you to two of my favorite people in the whole world! You helped me heal by just being here...talking and laughing with me like we have for 25 years! It was just what I needed for a full recovery. xoxo
You are such a good friend Heather! Glad you are my friend and Sis too. I know what you mean about Arizona. I will be sad when mom & dad move from there bcuz I probably won't keep going down. P.S. Did you purposely leave your friends' names out of the blog? Are they unknown to a lot of your blog audience? Maybe guarding their privacy, but if you print this in your history book someday you will want their names in there.
Post a Comment