Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Extended Family

I love family. I know everyone says that...but I really mean it. I absolutely adore my extended family and this weekend I got to see a whole bunch of them.

My brother (who lives in Missouri now) was coming to Utah for a week. Since we don't foresee a trip to Missouri in our near future, we realized this could be our only chance to see him and his family this year. Eric was swamped with homework so I took the kids and set out alone. After a "quick" 4 hour drive -- it was 48 hours of non-stop family frenzy. It just so happened that a few of my cousins were in town for a funeral on their other side of the family (always a sad thing) but this means I got to see cousins that I hadn't seen in nearly 10 years (a happy thing).

Some family pics to share:
Kenny's son Shiloh & Mason playing ball

Kenny is such a kid at heart.
He was always the one rolling on the ground (or in the grass) with the little kids.
They love him for it.

We celebrated Shiloh's first birthday (and Brittani's birthday) together.

Renae holding Janelle's youngest -- Rebecca


All the cousins. These are my mom's 12 grandkids.
And ALL LOOKING at the camera & looking pleasant!! How crazy is that.
I know you are gonna want this one framed, Mom.


My 2 sisters, 2 cousins and I

More siblings, cousins & some spouses

A whole gaggle of our kids -- cousins and 2nd cousins

My kids with my grandparents
We love you Grandma & Grandpa Jensen!


As Eric finishes school and looks for jobs, I know that our future is uncertain and we could end up living anywhere...but I sincerely hope it won't take us so far from family that we can't enjoy frequent times like these. Ideally, I would like to stay within a days drive (or less) of the hub of my family in Utah. But beggars can't be choosers and as I tell my kids "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" I will try to live by those words.

4 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

always fun to hang out with family.

Brittani said...

It was a totally fun weekend. Glad I got to see everyone.

Rachael said...

Great pics, and we sure had a great time! I gotta go get some of those in Dropbox. I'll be praying that you will end up as close or closer than you are now. :)

Jessica Reid said...

It was so fun to see you and your kids. It was like the real life blog.