No, not REAL drowning. Don't be alarmed. This is figurative drowning.
That is the word I would use to describe how I feel as we are frantically trying to finish up our "new house" (which has not gone as quickly or as smoothly as I had planned) and pack and clean our "old house." Moving day is on Thursday. Nothing is ready. I won't go into the long details now -- maybe later when the dust has settled -- but man oh man has this been an overwhelming couple of weeks. I feel like we are barely keeping our heads above water.
I do need to mention how much I have appreciated the helping hands from so many friends and family. I've had neighbors feed us dinner (which was awesome because I never stop to cook anymore), watch my kids, and help us paint. Two of Eric's sisters and one brother-in-law devoted an entire weekend to painting with us. We would be even farther behind if it wasn't for them. Hopefully today the major projects will be done and we will be ready to turn our full attention to packing. We'll see.
I wish I had some pictures to share....but that would take away more valuable time from one of my many projects. As it is...I shouldn't be here doing this but should be methodically placing all of my belongings in well labeled boxes (but it is more like frantically stuffing everything I own into boxes -- at this point).
3 comments:
Good luck Hea! Couldn't you buy yourself a little more time, literally, by paying rent for another week since there aren't new renters yet? Maybe that would be worth it. But anyway it is always hectic and you probably just want to get it over with.
That's how I feel every time we move. It never goes as smoothly or as organized as I envision. Good luck finishing everything up, and congrats on the new house. That is so exciting!
Wish I were closer to come help you out! Good luck getting through the crunch time.
Post a Comment