In
June Eric and the kids had a few mini-adventures.
The
first was a Father’s and Son’s outing. Our ward didn’t do one (sad) but Eric
went with his brother-in-law Brad and his oldest son. They went to a beautiful
spot at the base of the Tetons near Driggs, about 45 minutes away. They had a great time.
The road into the campsite.
You can see the sharp peaks of the Tetons in the background.
The beautiful, lush campsite
Ughhhh, that's my baby holding a BBgun.
What is it about men and guns??
*****
Traditionally
the day before Father’s Day Rexburg has a free Air Show. All the planes are
vintage WWII aircraft. In case you didn’t know…Eric LOVES airplanes, but
especially WWII planes. We were up to our necks in home make over stuff that
Saturday, but decided to take a short break and watch the airshow from a church
parking lot about a mile away from the airport. We saw lots of cool planes
flying right over head. Here are four P51 Mustangs (Eric had to tell me the
names).
*****
A few days later we were invited to go on a little evening excursion with some friends of ours in the ward. I was up to my eyeballs painting cabinets (oh, the horror!) so Eric took the kids. They all had a great time. They went to go see this old bridge that spans a part of the Teton River. The bridge used to be a train bridge, but it has been turned into a walking path. Usually it is restricted to walking and biking only, but our guide knew someone in high places and they were allowed to drive across it as well.
This is the view looking from the bridge, straight down to the river below.
It was high!

It was a good chance for the kids and Eric to get away from our home remodel craziness for a few hours. And look what I got done in the 4 hours they were gone -- 

I felt good about it...until I realized that it took me 4 hours to do one side. In Primer.
I still had to do the other side, and then paint with the real paint...
and then the other side. And then maybe a second coat.
That made me want to cry.
So I called in help...friends, neighbors, family.
It still took a long time, but not as long as if I had been doing it alone.







1 comment:
You are amazing doing all the cabinets! What a big job!
Post a Comment