Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Wallpaper Should be Illegal"

We found ourselves saying this (and other crazy things) this past weekend. We closed on our house on Thursday June 7 and immediately jumped into the long list of renovation projects in our new home. We stripped wallpaper off the walls of our new kitchen for about 14 hours (spread out over 2 days.) I think we finally got the method down and the process refined in the last 2 hours. Such a tiresome and annoying chore. But it is done! I hate wallpaper. I promise to post some good Before and After pictures later...but here are a few "in the process" pictures that I took on my phone.

We are also re-doing (sanding, painting, and updating) the kitchen cabinets. That project is just beginning. Sigh. We are still living in our old house until the end of the month which makes it so nice for getting projects done but not having to live in the mess.





We took a break from our hard labors and ate dinner and watched a movie in the basement of our new home. We had to improvise for furniture (they left an old couch behind and we brought over an old TV) but it was fun and exciting to have our first meal in our new home.


3 comments:

Brittani said...

Ugh! Wallpaper! I agree that it should be outlawed. It is definitely not something that is very easy to get off. Looks like you guys are making great progress though. Despite all of the long hours and the longs sighs, you will look back at it and have good memories of making your house the way you want it.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I actually like doing those kinds of projects. Its hard and annoying, but the feeling you get when you're all done and it looks so much better makes it worth it. Can't wait to see the before and after pictures.

Wendy said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to see the before and afters!