The kids and I took a trip to Provo in June to see my niece Maya get baptized. My 2 sisters live within 15 minutes of each other and my parents came up for the week. So it was a partial family reunion. We packed SO much into those few days.
Day 1: On our way down to Provo we stopped in Draper (near SLC) to see two of my long time friends. We have been BFF's since 6th grade. One of these friends lives in Draper and the other was just passing through (she lives in Arizona). It was so good to see these ladies, even it was only for 4 hours. I just wish we could do it more often.
Day 2: We spent our first full day in Utah at an amazing park/splash park in Spanish Fork. The water features was only so-so, but the park was one of the best and most creative that I have ever seen. And it was shaded (which is not common in Utah) which was appreciated since it was a hot day. The kids had so much fun!
Some would say that 3 is a crowd. But when it comes to these cousins...3 is perfection. Each of my kids fit into a threesome with their cousins that are near them in age. It is so nice to see how well they all get along with each other.
Sadie sure loves the water!
Day 3: Our main event for the day was bowling. But for some reason (I can't remember why) we weren't going until later in the afternoon. To pass the time, my sister played Beauty Parlor with my 2 girls and her 2 girls. She has the talent (and the patience) to do fancy hairdos -- I don't.
Mason passed the time by building a BBQ! Yep that's right. Janelle bought her husband a BBQ the night before as a surprise (long story) and we were going to assemble it while he was at work. I don't know about Janelle, but I honestly couldn't make heads or tails of the instructions. Thankfully Mason was more than willing to jump in and put the whole thing together himself. He has SO much of his dad in him!
A few fun bowling shots.
The big kids finished their bowling game so fast that we sent them over for a game of pool. There was some fighting over the rules (which none of them really know), but it ended okay.
And who doesn't love playing around on the arcade games (without putting any money in)! Good times were had by all.
We finished the day with a BBQ at Janelle's house -- on the new BBQ of course.
To Be Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment