Monday, June 11, 2012

Ears Pierced

Renae and her best friend Mairin got their ears pierced together on May 26th. When I was a girl, I had to wait until I was 12 to get my ears pierced. So that is what I always intended to do with my daughters. After some discussion, I was willing to relax my rule a bit and let her get them pierced at age 10. But when her best friend said that she was getting hers done now (2 months before Renae's 10th birthday) I relaxed a little further and they decided to do it together.

They were both really nervous.


Here they are picking out earrings. Matching ones...of course.
Mairin went first. She was really brave.

Renae went next. She was scared, but hid it well.

Here are the girls showing off their new earrings.
They both agreed it hurt...A LOT.
Mairin got really pale and had to sit down so she didn't faint.

The girls decided they both needed to put their heads between their legs
so they wouldn't get woozy. Cute.

We got ice cream afterward and that made everyone feel better :)

2 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

I got my ears pierced when I was three, I don't even remember it. Scott mentioned piercing Ivy's ear the other day, and I said no. I think it should wait until she's at least 8 or 10...we'll see how it goes.

Wendy said...

Exciting stuff!! I think that is cute they have their heads between their legs.....