Day 4: This was a special day. The whole reason for our trip. We came to witness, celebrate, and be a part of Maya's baptism day. It was a great event and we were so happy to be able to be there.
The Galvez Family (my sister is in red)
The Williams Family -- or at least all that could make it
Day 5: It was Sunday and we took a much needed day of rest. We had a nice dinner at Grandma's house in her backyard.
Day 6: It was a hot week in Provo so we spent another day at Splash Parks. This time we tried two new ones. One in Alpine and one in Highland. The Highland one was really unique with rocks to climb on and a river. The kids had a blast.
Mason with Janelle's youngest. He is such a good babysitter!
I added this one just to prove that my parents were there.
They didn't make it into very many pictures.
Day 7: It was a cloudy, almost chilly day, so we decided to take a small hike along shady path that follows the Provo River. It was just Rachael & her girls and me & my kids. We had a great time exploring.
Look at this huge tree the kids found to climb
There was also a swing tied to the giant tree
Then in the evening we went to Sienna's recital (Rachael's oldest daughter). She plays really well and had some fun songs. Then we went out dinner afterward at Chuck-a-Rama (an all you can eat place). My kids thought they had died and gone to heaven -- we don't take them out to eat much.
Day 8: The final day. We took a trip to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. My kids had never been there and I hadn't been there since I was a child. It was a lot of fun for the kids. This was probably the best zoo I have ever been to (although I think I've only been to 2 others).
Lots of fun interactive things for the kids to play on
This picture means a lot to me. I have a picture of myself as a small child
drinking out of this very water fountain.
So I had my sister take a picture of each of my kids drinking out of it.
I'm just posting the one as a representation.
A group shot of the kids. Minus Tessia. Tessia got lost at the zoo. It was very scary.
She wasn't the only child we lost that day (Sadie & Maddie also went missing)
but Tessia was gone the longest. That is the worst feeling.
We all took a ride on the train.
It was fun, but it was at the end of a long day and we were exhausted.
I'm posting this picture because I love my sisters and it was the only one taken of the 3 of us.
NOT a good picture of me...but it is all I've got
This is how my dad survived the zoo day. He would walk with us to each exhibit,
then find a spot to read. He was a good sport. I'm impressed he even came.
Thanks Pops!
We stopped for a quick lunch after the zoo and then I headed for home.
Driving the 3 1/2 hours home after a long day in the sun was not ideal.
But we made it home, safe and sound.
It was an action packed week...with lots of great memories.

2 comments:
I love your detailed blog of this trip. So glad you were here!
You got some great pictures of your trip! Lots of fun cousin time! There is nothing better!!
Post a Comment