Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Before/After pics

Wow. Where to begin? Each day in the past month, as I collapse into bed with a half done To Do List, I think of all the stories I would like to tell and/or things I would love to vent/complain about to my friends and family. But alas, I can never find the time in this hectic life of  moving in and STILL remodeling our new home. So I haven't called many of my dear friends and family and I haven't blogged at all. I also would LOVE to be sharing pictures of all the hard work we have done. But can't find my camera, let alone the cords it would need to connect it to the computer. I DO have my cell phone camera, but don't know where those cords are either. I'm sure they are in one of the many unpacked boxes sitting behind me in my den right now. Found my camera, and the cords! So pictures will be added. Searching for "lost" items has been a common theme the past 5 weeks. (Yep, we moved in 5 weeks ago!) We still haven't found many non-essential (but still desired) things and so the daily hunt continues. I know, I should just tear into it and finish up the last dozen boxes, but I don't really know where to put it all and I know that I should probably throw half of it away (Naomi, I need your organization and throwing away skills!!!!!)

There is so much I want to say. So many things have happened. So expect quite a few posts in the next while. But I want to start with some fun BEFORE and AFTER pictures of our house. Of course we haven't fixed up everything....but here is what we have done.


This is my formal front room.
BEFORE:

and AFTER:
(credit for the beautiful paint color goes to my sister-in-law Amy. She is an amazing interior designer and painter!)
(credit for the beautiful pictures goes to my other sister-in-law Debbie. She is an awesome photograper!)

 
I added this next picture so you can notice the lighting fixtures before and after.  In the first picture, notice the lovely brassy, candelabra, with crystals light fixtures (on the right wall and in the entry way in the background). Click on the picture to see it bigger. It was so groovy. We updated them with the lighting seen below.


 



This is my master bath shower BEFORE:

 Re-doing the shower wasn't even on our radar. But after our home inspector and our contractor both expressed concerns about the shower -- it looked like it had some leaking problems -- we added it to our To Do list. Here is a scary "during the project" picture:

The shower AFTER (I love it!!):



The last big project we did was the kitchen....but it is getting late so I better head to bed. I will make that it's own post. I have lots of fun demolition pictures and step by step photos of the headache involved in remodeling our kitchen.

4 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh how fun to finally see pictures! it looks great, can't wait to see more and read all about it!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Wow! It is looking great! Good job!

Beth said...

I love Before/After pictures! Those looked amazing. I love the living room- those inset bookshelves really stand out with blue wall. I didn't even notice them in the Before. And yuck to the shower! Good thing that was taken care of. It looks so nice and modern now! So fun!!

Brian and Janette said...

You guys are doing such a great job! And I have to admit that I am jealous of your handy man skills. It looks fantastic!