So here we are. I took the pictures as the kids were leaving for school in the morning. You will see that the lighting was ALL wrong. The light through the trees made cool patterns on the door...but not cool for picture taking of people. I didn't notice until I was looking at the pictures later. So I made the kids all do a second photo shoot when they got home from school at their various times throughout the afternoon. They were NOT excited about this, but were kind enough to indulge me. Thanks kids!
Colby - 2nd grade
Sadie - Kindergarten
What a poser!!
And since Sadie is the baby of the family -- starting kindergarten --
she was the only one I walked to class the first day of school
and I actually remembered to take a few pictures of that morning.
Sadie with her teacher
Sadie with "her love" (her words not mine)
Renae - 5th grade
The bow is long gone from her hair...
she looks like she's been through a long hard day (which she has),
but I like this one because her smile is so real.
Mason - 7th grade
I know this picture is a little blurry -- but I liked it. A lot.
Somehow, in this picture of my 12 year old,
I see a glimpse of the teenager he will become.
* * *
So my photo skills leave much to be desired. There are blurry shots, crooked shots,
horrible lighting shots, and off center shots. But amazing what a change in lighting can do
-- from morning to afternoon on the doorstep was such a difference!
And I'd say a few of them turned out pretty nice, according to my standards :)
But hey, my old camera wouldn't have been able to do this:
This little guy was hanging out on the wall behind the kids during the whole photo shoot.
I didn't even get up close...I just zoomed in and snapped this shot.
Hope it doesn't creep you out too much.


5 comments:
Great pics! I think Mason is starting to look like the teenage version of Eric already!
You're so awesome to take so many pictures. Today was our first day and we were running kinda late and only had time for a few snaps on the walk to the school. Maybe I'll have to get a few after school too!
And if that spider was hanging out behind my kids for the photo shoot, I would have moved locations!
I cheated...these pictures were not taken on the 1st day of school but the 4th day of school. That is why I had time to take so many. We had the schedule down a little better :)
And we always have spiders around our doorstep. We hardly even notice them anymore.
They are growing up so fast! If you get the pictues in the first week I say it counts.....it's the start of the school year, right!!
They are all so cute. I took no pictures this year, I'm bad. Can't believe you have a junior high kid! Life is moving way too fast.
Post a Comment